Friday, August 29, 2008

back to the grind

Oh yeah . . . this semester is gonna be INTENSE. I'm only taking 3 class but 2 of them are Anatomy & Physiology classes (lecture and lab) so, I have my work cut out for me.
Also, our unlucky with money streak is not quite over either as we found out a bunch of stuff is wearing out on newer car (2006 Toyota Matrix) that is gonna cost us. I am not, however, giving up hope that things are gonna turn around for us because I know for a fact I have quite a few karma points banked.

I had my 29th birthday last week and I really cannot believe I am almost out of my twenties! Seriously, I don't feel that old and I don't think I look 29. It’s a strange feeling like my life is on warp speed now. What the hell happened?
Anyways, here are a few pics I took the past week.

Jared bought me (us) this AMAZING cookbook for my b-day (even though I said no presents!!!) and we love love love it. My Panda Drummer is peaking over and was mad impressed.
Photobucket
Well, I did say no presents but I also told Jared I wanted an aloe plant and of course he remembered. Surrounding the aloe plant is 3 figurines I picked up (pretty cheap too!) at different antique stores, as my own presents to myself. They looked sad and needed to come home with me. (in this pic, to the left is my Jesus Fish sculpture, which I'll show in next pick. To the right, is one of our wedding pics.)
Photobucket
I can't think of anything much cooler than a Jesus statue riding a Fish in the ocean (I actually made this for a ceramics class years back), that is being charged upon by a shiny white bad ass unicorn and having "Blinky" motor by. Nope, not much else cooler that that
Photobucket
. . . well, expect maybe these 2 Birthday pictures I was sent from my sister Erin of my nephew Gabriel. Gabriel is wearing a pirate outfit I picked out a long time ago that he can finally fit into.
Photobucket
Oh and the back view showing off his first "tattoo" printed on his bottom that says "Shiver Me Timbers" with a pirate ship. ARRRRH!
Is it possible to be both tough and adorable at the same time. Yep.
Photobucket

19 comments:

Jes said...

That recipe book looks great--I love love Asian cuisine! And yes, Jesus on a fish is the shiz. I'm glad you had a good birthday!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such lovely birthday presents!! Glad that you enjoyed your recent birthday as well :0)

Best of luck with the upcoming semester!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh yay, Happy Birthday!! Totally awesome presents!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Good luck with the semester--you can do it!

Courtney

aTxVegn said...

Happy Birthday, youngster! I'm jealous of your cookbook present.

Your nephew is adorable! Good luck with your tough load this semester.

JENNA said...

What a lovely looking book! Happy Birthday too! I am out of my 20s but still feel like I'm in them most of the time so it ain't too bad. Most of the time I forget how old I am and have to ask my husband.

Leigh said...

cute pirate!

Steffi said...

happy bday!

I adore the Asian Vegan Kitchen! I also got it for my bday back in April :) your nephew is the cutest!

VeganCowGirl said...

Happiest of birthdays Lori. Sounds like the upcoming semester is going to be intense, but almost incredibly interesting. Best of luck.

So sweet of J to get you what looks like a brilliant book - looking forward to posts from it.

Be well!

Theresa said...

Happy birthday! Those presents and sculptures are fantastic. Cute baby pirate!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Happy Birthday! The book sounds awesome.

Rural Vegan said...

Happy birthday!

tofufreak said...

happy birthday!

lucky lucky you! please post the food that you make out of the cookbook!

Monika K said...

What a great present - cooking should be a nice reprieve from the busy school schedule (at least, it always is for me). Happy weekend!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

ahaha, Blinky! that's amazing! and I'm glad the cookbook is so good, I've been really curious about that one. happy birthday!

urban vegan said...

Well isn't Jared sweet for spoiling you. Happy belated b'day. That photo of the wee one is just the best!

yanmaneee said...

hermes
golden goose superstar
authentic jordans
hermes belt
kd13
stone island clothing
off white jordan 1
steph curry shoes
supreme hoodie
pg shoes

velvet bed sheet price said...

I had my 29th birthday last week and I really cannot believe I am almost out of my twenties! Seriously, I don't feel that old and I don't think I look 29. It’s a strange feeling like my life is on warp speed now. What the hell happened?
wholesale salwar kameez ,
fully stitched salwar suits wholesale ,

Unknown said...

g8n41x0v19 t6f16s5a20 s0c20p9o21 f8p74m4k10 z8u58f6z68 t1j71x1b52