Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Twice Baked Potatoes

The kitchen has been pretty inactive the past week or so with me not really wanting to cook and then have to clean up. I haven't even felt like grocery shopping! Today though, I was bit inspired and motivated by some of my left over Naughty Goddess Dressing I did make this past weekend to dip veggies in (we were serious snackers this weekend with sandwiches, chips and veggies with various dips, etc). My Naughty Goddess Dressing has Tofutti cream cheeze, Tofutti sour kream, Vegenaise, a bunch of green onions (whites and greens), a handful of fresh parsley, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, black pepper and agave nectar all blended together until it turns a very nice shade of green. I baked 4 medium Russet potatoes at 425 for 60 minutes. Once they were baked I carefully cut the very top off of each potato, scooped the insides out and added a little plain soymilk, a generous amount of Naughty Goddess Dressing, a little more salt and pepper and combined everything with a potato masher. I then stuffed the hollowed out potato boat skins until they were over flowing. For some of the potatoes, I also add a little Vegan Cheddar block and fake bacon bits to make "loaded" versions. I then baked the stuffed potatoes at 425 for about 20 minutes or until the tops were slightly browned.
As you can see, they turned out quite nice and had a lovely (and natural) green hue for St. Patrick's Day!
Photobucket

15 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Those potatoes are so adorable hehe.

Veggie said...

Those Irish potatoes look great, and natural green too.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

MeloMeals said...

omg, those look soo good!

You know, even if you have limited space, as long as you walk them (an hour a day) Pit Bulls do very well in apartments and smaller spaces.. You just have to be very careful with them and other dogs (many are fabulous with other dogs, but others aren't... my dog is NOT good with other dogs unfortunately despite the training and classes and even early socialization.. we got kicked out of puppy class).. there is NOTHING like Pit Love... seriously.. it is amazing to rescue a Pit Bull. (there are SOOO many pit bull rescues as they are the number one dog to be killed in shelters and abused on the streets)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, mmm, MMM!!! those potatoes look delicious and festive for today's holiday - love it :0)

{STAR} said...

Happy Green Day!!! I will not end this day until my mouth is green!! Let me know when you are available for craft shop or market trips :)

p.s. Im trying to be good and use my blog more often.

Billy said...

Thanks for the comment on my post about waffles. I highly recommend you try them...they're so good!

J said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ok, yum, and MORE YUM! 'Nuff said..

:-)

Theresa said...

Mmm. twice baked potatoes! Happy St Pat's day!

Jess said...

Oh, my god. Wow. I am so impressed! I used to LOVE twice baked potatoes, and I really should try a vegan version sometime SOON!

Vegan_Noodle said...

I loooooove stuffed potatoes! They were always a treat when I was a kid. So pretty and green too :-)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... Green Potatoes, I love it!

aTxVegn said...

Those look delicious and so perfect for today!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to make the potatoes green! I'll have to try it soon, I haven't had stuffed potatoes in awhile. Thanks!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oh my, these look SOOO good! I love potatoes.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

those are amazing! I'll have to try something like that anyway, saint patrick's or not!