Wednesday, July 18, 2007

corn chowder, a literal midnight snack

Tonight I made corn chowder. It wasn't the best batch I ever made but Jared ate 2 big bowls so I guess it wasn't that bad. It had leeks, sweet onion, carrots, celery, garlic, red potatoes, fresh corn, fresh parsley, veggie stock, soy milk, cinnamon, fresh nutmeg, sea salt and black pepper.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The problem with insomnia is the midnight snacks that come with it. I made a half grilled "ham" sandwich with cranberry sauce and Vegenaise.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

KleoPatra said...

i wish i'd been there for that "ham" sammich and the chowdah! Lookin' soooooo good!!

Kris said...

Wow, that chowder looks great to me. I love the idea of a grilled sandwich with cranberry sauce, too. Yum!