Thursday, July 12, 2007

macaroni salad

I grew up eating macaroni salad. Feeling nostalgic today I made this macaroni salad for us to eat over the weekend. I boiled some elbow macaroni for about 7 minutes. While the pasta boiled I diced up a large carrot, a rib of celery, a couple green onions, 1/4 of a medium red onion and fresh parsley. I made a dressing with about a 1/2 cup of Vegenaise, a tsp of dill pickle juice and 1 tsp of olive juice (both to thin out the Vegenaise a bit and add a salty vinegar bite) along with a dash of the following: celery salt, natural sugar, cayenne pepper and black pepper. I cooled off the macaroni, added it to the diced up veggies and poured the dressing over the macaroni and veggie mixture. After this was all combined I had some for lunch! It isn't a heavy macaroni salad most people are use to, but it is delicious.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Aunt Jennie said...

Perfect for summer.
What the world needs now is more macaroni salad eaters.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

for sure! i agree!!!

Theresa said...

This is cool!