Wednesday, July 18, 2007

double decker tostada

Tostadas were/are a staple at my Dad's house. This holds true in Jared's and my house to this day. These are a little different than what me and Dad make in that I buy tostada shells instead of using corn chips. Also Jared and I like double deckers. The bottom layer was a tostada shell with homemade refried beans (pinto beans, onions, garlic, chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin and sea salt blended with my immersion blender), another tostada shell and meatless crumbles that have salsa and taco seasoning. Then the double layers are covered with tomatoes, sweet and green onions, lettuce, homemade guacamole (avocado, jalapeno, sweet onion, lemon juice, sea salt, agave and tomatoes), salsa, sweet Thai chili sauce and Rex Sauce which is my Dad's secret tostada vinaigrette. Sounds like a lot but everything works so well together. Dad likes his with pickled beets which I always forget.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: