Saturday, August 11, 2007

hummus, lentil soup, shakes

Today was filled with yummy eating! Jared and I decided to get out of the house today to go look for bikes. We finally got out of the house in time for lunch and decided to go get some Mediterranean food. We went to the Olive Bistro in Atlanta but the falafel pitas weren't as good as the last time. We did order the hummus small plate which came with whole wheat and white pita that was pretty fantastic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
For dinner, Jared made his AWESOME lentil soup. He put carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, red lentils, veggie stock, sea salt, black pepper and ground coriander. He also toasted slices of ciabatta bread to dip in the soup. I love love love this meal.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
For dessert, I made "milk" shakes out of chocolate hazelnut soy yogurt ice cream, better pecan soy ice cream and chocolate soy milk. I don't even need to tell you how wonderful this was.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oOo I love hummus and lentil soup - and your shake sounds divine!! hazelnuts and chocolate make a heavenly combination :0)

Maxcactus said...

This all looks great. I wish that I could have been in on this.

Unknown said...

I love Hummus & Pita Bread. I could live of off it.

And Jareds Soup looks Yumma-licious. Awesome!

urban vegan said...

That soup looks divine--such a pretty saffron color!

And the shake--oh la la!

I love liquid meals..I just don't like the after-effects ;)

Tamara said...

Yay! I just found your blog and I love it. Add me to the list of slightly pudgy vegans! ;-)

Theresa said...

Jared's soup looks delish, and who doesn't love hummus?! I haven't had a milkshake in such a long time... yours looks like it hit the spot!

Amey said...

I just have to say that I LOVE that chocolate hazelnut frozen soy yogurt.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

ah, thanks everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, that all looks heavenly. i wish my hubby would cook up some food here and there!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

yeah, i'm lucky my hubby also likes to cook AND cooks well!