Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jumping on the Cheezy Quacker Bandwagon!

I have seen so many people make these cheezy quackers, from what I can tell, originated from Have Cake, Will Travel!. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will tell me. I had to make these to see for myself what the hype was all about. I have to say, these are pretty amazing. I changed the recipe only a bit though. Instead of sea salt I used garlic salt and I also sprinkled the tops with a natural sugar and sea salt blend, for a signature sweet/savory thing I am totally about. These are way too addictive and because they are relatively simple to make, I do believe they will become a staple in our house. Unfortunately, I do not have any cute cookie cutters (yet) so I just used a pizza cutter and made squiggly lines to make different shapes. Tonight I will be having tomato soup and loads of these quackers! Get into it!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Ooh, Garlic salt sounds like a great adjustment! I should try those, they look so good.

aTxVegn said...

I think you're the third post I've seen make these crackers and Celine's recipes are all great. I must give these a try soon!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

Yeah these crackers pretty much rock. We managed to keep from eating them all right away and I think they taste better after a few hours.
Also, the garlic salt in the dough was an awesome addition. Next time, I'll skip the salty/sweet seasoning on top. I think they tasted fine without (I did one batch with the seasoning and one without).

KleoPatra said...

GREAT! i love it. Celine is a genius and you're awesome to make this. i dig your changes, too. i'm all about the sweet/savory combo, by the way. Super addictive, no doubt. QUACK!!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Mmm, your garlic salt addition sounds perfect! My fiance is begging for another batch already!!

Anonymous said...

I ran across the recipe last night and can't wait to make the Quackers. Imagine my reaction when I noticed that we are completery out of nutritionnal yeast (nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!)

Great blog, guys!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

gaia- thanks for checking us out!
that really sucks about being out of nutritional yeast . . . isn't that how it always goes? whenever i wanna make chocolate chip cookies, we are always out of chocolate chips! so, i feel yr pain!

Hilary said...

i agree, garlic salt sounds like a perfect addition.