Monday, February 18, 2008

Finally, some cooking

So I finally got some cooking done. For breakfast, we had "Fronch" Toast from "Vegan with a Vengeance". This was the first time we had made this, and it was ridiculously good. We used Golden Pecan Bread from our local farmer's market.

Photobucket

For lunch, we had a lentil soup. This is just my basic soup that I throw in whatever we have lying around. This one contained: red lentils, fingerling potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, shallots, zucchini, thyme, rosemary, and sage.

Photobucket

And for dinner, I used the Marinated Asian Tofu recipe from "Veganomicon" and grilled it. We had firm tofu that is made locally, but it was still a little too soft and didn't hold up to the grill as well as I would have hoped, hence, the little uneven pieces of tofu. Despite the random shapes, it still tasted great. I added that on top of stir-fried snow peas, carrots, broccoli, and green onions and rice.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

you are amazing

Anonymous said...

Mmm. That fronch toast looks so good. I bet it tastes even better with your farmer's market bread. =)

Leigh said...

Is that the Soy Shop firm tofu? I find that kind to be kinda soft as well. But it tastes great.
Your soup looks perfect, too.

J said...

It all looks so good! I actually made V-Con's Asian Marinated Tofu yesterday, but baked and julienned it and put it in sushi!

How awesome of you to take care of the blog! And cook!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Looks good to me! Now, how do I get my husband to cook?!

Rural Vegan said...

The tofu looks delicious even if it didn't hold up very well. I think it's great that you're cooking and keeping up this blog! =)

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

These all look wonderful. I was just looking at the Italian tofu recipe yesterday and I've been meaning to make the Fronch toast for ages!

Anonymous said...

Since I'm new to the whole dairy-free thing and I LOVE french toast, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to make it without eggs?? I've been craving it lately and yours looks so good!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fronch toast, lentil soup, tofu... my, my, you're fabulous in the kitchen!! so lovely that you're managing the blog as well!!

jRoq said...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Jenna: Welcome to the world of pus-free cooking. The recipe I used is form Vegan with a Vengeance, which you absolutely must have. But I also found the recipe online here

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

oh, fronch toast with golden pecan bread sounds sooo good. and that lentil soup! kitchen-sink lentil soup has got to be my favourite thing ever (but don't tell my cookbooks!)

Vegan_Noodle said...

Three yummy meals... what a day!