Tuesday, February 12, 2008

100th Post: Pizza, Banana Bread!

Proudly, I am writing my 100th post. I have enjoyed writing in this blog since I started back last July. I became vegan in May 2007 and this blog was a way for me to keep myself on track with a vegan diet. What I learned was my conscience, soul and morals kept me on track and really this blog became just a document of my journey.
Now on to food. I went to Whole Foods this morning to pick up some maple syrup and olive oil and came home with pizza making groceries. I made my basic pizza crust I posted about before. I cooked the pizza on the stove top with olive oil spray until the crust was golden. I finished cooking the crust in the oven with the toppings. Whole Foods was out of Vegan Mozzarella, so I bought some silken tofu to put on the pizza instead and I am so glad I did. I also topped the pizza with pasta sauce left over in the fridge, vegan pepperoni, green bell pepper, red onion, thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes (a yellow one with green stripes and a red one with blackish-green stripes), Vegan Parmesan, dried oregano and red pepper flakes. I don't like my toppings cooked to death, so I baked the pizza in the oven until they were a bit wilted but still had a nice crisp bite to them and the tofu had a brown touch to it. Good God was this amazing! Probably the best pizza I ever made.
Photobucket
We also had three bananas on the verge of being tossed out but I salvaged them and made the banana bread from The Damn Tasty Vegan Baking Guide. The recipe only called for two bananas but I went ahead and threw in the third banana and it turned out great. I also added a little vanilla extract because it seemed a bit flat. This is Jared's Valentine’s Day treat, since we are trying to eat healthier, I figured this is a good "healthier" treat. I got my Valentine's present early, so I made him this early . . . that and the bananas wouldn't have lasted until Thursday ; )
Out of the oven and cooling:
Photobucket
Sliced and seconds away from being devoured:
Photobucket

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Your blog is great, and every post has been appreciated!

That pizza sounds great, and I hope you both enjoyed your Valentine's Day banana bread!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this being your 100th post!! =)

Pizza! Nothing beats pizza. Mmm. It looks like you got served in a restaurant, beautiful presentation. =)

Leigh said...

The pizza does look awesome. Happy 100!

aTxVegn said...

Happy 100! That is the prettiest pizza ever.

The DT banana bread is so good. (I always add vanilla too)

Happy V-Day!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

That pizza looks FABULOUS! yum yum.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Wow, 100 posts in only 7 months! That's awesome. I've enjoyed every one of them.

And wow, that pizza looks kick ass. The bread too (now I just need to follow your example, but I'm afraid I'll be eating some chocolate tomorrow!)

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

pizza. looks. SOOOO good. :O

and you just triggered a serious craving for banana bread, which I never crave. must be the 100th post magic! (congratulations, btw!)

MeloMeals said...

That pizza looks amazing!

Pink Theory said...

I am here!!! Life has been coming at me in crazy ways so I have not been blogging or doing anything fun really...I will post soon tho! I feel bad for not keeping up with all your yummy foods. It means a lot to me that someone is looking out for me. :-)

I love your new blog layout and congrats on your 100th post! And I shouldn't have looked at it before lunch...now my tummy is rumbling even more b/c your food looks tasty as usual!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Congratulations on 100 posts of deliciousness! Wow, that pizza is calling to me!

J said...

Happy 100th post! Quite an accomplishment! Almost a year as a vegan!

That pizza looks SO GOOD! Interesting idea with the silken tofu topping. Did you season it up at all or just crumble it on top?

That banana bread looks so good! Banana bread is one of my favorite baked goods. I tinkered with a recipe I found at VegWeb and made it my own. I have also tried to get more creative with variations (I've made chocolate chip banana bread and blueberry banana bread and would like to try chocolate chip coconut banana bread).

Mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks so yummy. We are making pizza Saturday night. The day before I run my first marathon. Scary! Btw-your new purse is beautiful. Happy V-Day to you and your family.

Krys

bazu said...

happy 100th post! I love your blog - all the yummy things like that perfect pizza, and that banana bread (DTV is my favorite banana bread recipe)...!

Anonymous said...

http://image-source.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=205327
OMFG it JUST took me 25 minutes just to load up yahoo answers. My computer is REALLT slow now [laptop] Here are the things i used. Regardless its still slow. 1. Malwarebytes - Used that and no malicious items were found 2. AVG Free 9.0 - Scanned today [also updated] and no infections found 3. Disk Defragement - I did that today but still slow 4. CCleaner - Cleaned registry, yet it is still slow 5. Cookies and Squlite files - delete those everyday, yet my computer is still slow 6. Avast - Scanned for viruses and non were found, yet my computer STILL goes slow. its not my specs or anything. Even when i play games [there are no games on here] it laggs and my specs are above recommendation. When i exit game, computer goes ******* slow as hell so i know its not my specs. Any idea whats making my computer slow as hell. There are no viruses, Files, Programs on my computer that would cause this.

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hi